- Splash tomato ketchup.
- 2 sprigs fresh curly-leaf parsley, leaves only, chopped.
- 1 rounded tbsp sweetcorn.
- 1 slice day-old bread, crusts removed, grated.
- Vegetable oil, for greasing.
- 1 x 200g/7oz haddock fillet, or similar white fish.
- 4 black olives, pitted, chopped.
- 25g/1oz grated cheddar.
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper.
- Steamed green vegetables, to serve.
- 2 small chestnut mushrooms, chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and brush the paper all over with vegetable oil.
- Place the haddock fillet onto the baking tray, spread a little tomato ketchup all over the top of it, then sprinkle over the chopped olives, mushrooms, parsley and sweetcorn.
- In the bowl, mix together the cheddar and breadcrumbs, then season with freshly ground black pepper. Cover the fish with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Transfer the haddock to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the fish is completely cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden-brown. (The fish is cooked through when it is opaque throughout and flakes easily.) Serve with steamed green vegetables.